436. Pierre MORIN was also known as Pierre MAJOR. He was born on 23 December 1683 in Ste-Anne, Beaubassin, Evêché de Québec, Acadie (Auj. v. Amherst, Nouvelle-Ecosse). He was a fisherman and a Major in the Militia. He married Marie Françoise BOULET BOULÉ, daughter of Jacques BOULET BOULÉ & Françoise FOURNIER, on 10 January 1707 in St-Thomas de Montmagny. He died suddendly in church holding a hymnal in his hand, at age 84, on 4 and was buried on 5 February 1767 in St-Pierre-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud, Co. Montmagny, Québec. (1)(6)(7)(8)(9)
437. Marie Françoise BOULET BOULÉ was born around 1687 in Québec. She was buried on 20 March 1764 in St-Pierre-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud, Co. Montmagny, Québec. (3)(6) (9)
Children were:218 iii. Jean Baptiste MORIN was born and baptized on 31 December 1713 in St-Pierre de Montmagny. He first married Agnès MERCIER, daughter of Julien MERCIER & Agnès MEUNIER on 13 October 1738 in St-François-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud. Agnès died on 19 and was buried 21 October 1754 in St-François-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud. His second marriage was to Marie Geneviève BLANCHET, daughter of Jean BLANCHET & Geneviève ROUSSEAU. He died on 26 and was buried 27 October 1759 in St-François-du-Sud. (2)(6)(9)
ii. Jacques MORIN was born on 10 and baptized on 12 May 1711 in St-Thomas de Montmagny. He married (Marie) Thérèse QUEMENEUR dit LAFLAMME, daughter of François QUEMENEUR dit LAFLAMME & Marie-Madeleine CHAMBERLAND on 20 Juyl 1733 in St-François-du-sud, Île-d'Orléans. He died on 30 and was buried on 31 October 1760 in St-François-du-Sud. (2)(4)(5)(6)
vii. François MORIN first married Dorothée MALBOEUF BEAUSOLEIL, daughter of Joseph MALBOEUF BEAUSOLEI & Marie-Madeleine GAGNÉ on 5 November 1749 in Château-Richer. They had 2 children: Marie Morin (b.1748) and Marie Françoise Morin (b.27.11.1750)
His second marriage was to Marie-Élisabeth BRIDEAU, daughter of Jean-Hilaire BRIDEAU & Marie-Josèphe PAQUET on 30 July 1753 in St-Pierre-du-Sud. His third marriage was to Marie-Geneviève LANGELIER, daughter of François-Xavier LANGELIER & Angélique BILODEAU on 5 August 1755 in Ste-Marie de Beauce.
His fourth marriage was to Félicite PLANTE, daughter of Charles PLANTE & Marie-Madeleine HAVARD on 12 November 1764 in St-François-du-Sud. Félicite was born and baptized on 23 May 1734 in St-Jean, Île-d'Orléans, Québec. They had 5 children: François Morin (b.25.08.1765), Cécile Morin (b.1768), Pierre Noël Morin (b.1769), Henri Morin (b.1774) and Pierre N Morin (b.1775)(2)(6)(9)
i. Pierre was born on 22 and was baptized on September 1708 in St-Thomas de Montmagny. He married Marie Madeleine DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD on 15 November 1733 in Québec. Pierre died on 3 and was buried on 4 February 1789 in St-Pierre-du-Sud. (2)(6)
iv. Françoise first married René DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD, son of Jacques DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD & Madeleine PELLETIER (Contract Michon 17 October 1734). Her second marriage was to André BOUCHAUT, son of René BOUCHAUT & Marguerite JACQUEREAU, the widower of Marie-Anne COCHU on 2 September 1765 in St-Pierre-du-Sud. (2)(6)
v. Marie-Anne was born around 1717 in Québec. She married Jacques-François DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD, son of Jacques DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD & Madeleine PELLETIER (Contract Michon 17 October 1734). She died on 17 and was buried on 19 March 1792 at the age of 75. (2)(6)
Joseph was born after 1717. He married Marie Dorothée THERRIEN 11 July 1741 in St-Jean, Île-d'Orléan. He died 27 September 1752 in St-Pierre-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud. (2) (**not listed in Stephen White)
vi. Marie-Madeleine was born around 1722. She married Pierre Noël DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD, son of Jacques DESTROISMAISONS dit PICARD & Madeleine PELLETIER on 9 January 1741 in St-Pierre-du-Sud. She died on 3 and was buried on 5 December 1788 in St-François du Sud at the age of 66. (2)(6)
viii. Antoine was born around 1726. He married Marie Anne PELLERIN, daughter of Pierre PELLERIN & Marie-Anne BÉLANGER on 19 April 1746 in L'Islet. He died on 25 and was buried on 27 January 1786 in St-Pierre-du-Sud at the age of 60. (2)(6)
ix. Augustin was born around 1728. He married Marie-Judith TALBOT dit GERVAIS, daughter of Jacques TALBOT dit GERVAIS & Marguerite-Angélique MEUNIER on 16 November 1750 in St-François-du-Sud. (6)
x. (Marie) Reine married Joseph MALBOEUF dit BEAUSOLEIL, son of Joseph MALBOEUF dit BEAUSOLEIL & Marie-Madeleine GAGNÉ on 19 January 1750 in St-Pierre-du-Sud. (2)(6)
xi. Marie-Angélique was born in St-François-du-sud on 23 May 1734. (6)
Index MORIN Index BOULÉ Table of Contents
(1) PRDH, Certificat de mariage No. 26213.
(2) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 9995.
(3) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 5687.
(4) Ibid., Certificat de mariage No. 143580.
(5) Ibid., Certificat de famille No. 18577.
(6) Stephen A. White, Dictionnaire généalogique des familles acadiennes, Université de Moncton, Vol 1 p. 219 & Vol 2 1222-1232.
(7) Cyprien Tanguay, Vol VI, p. 103.
(8) René Jetté, p. 837.
(9) Drouin Documents copied from the Parish Registers of Québec.